1) This morning, as I was waking up from anxious dreams, I discovered that in my bed I had not been changed into a monstrous verminous bug.
Whew. Sure, it’s like the 13,000th day in a row when that hasn’t happened… yet. Still, though, a nice way to start the day. I’ll take what I can get, morning-wise. (Why yes, I am a morning person. How could you tell?)
2) I did not slip in the shower and crack my head on the bathroom tiles. Nor did I accidentally sever my carotid artery while shaving, nor did I choke to death on a piece of coffee cake.
It was, in other words, a delightfully non-deadly morning. Between not turning into a giant cockroach and not dying, the day really did get off to a sterling start.
3) The bus was not late. Also, for some lucky reason, I didn’t have a share a seat this morning.
I’m not sure why sitting next to me seems to be a last resort for most folks. It’s not like I toss my stuff on the spare seat to keep people from sitting down. And I don’t think there’s an odor (I do shower– see #2). Pretty much all I do is sit quietly with my nose in a book. It’s not like I try to make conversation with folks. Or acknowledge them in any way. How could that possibly be offputting?
4) I did not have to attend meetings today.
Sometimes it’s the little things.
5) My car was not vandalized while it sat in the Park & Ride lot.
It felt like Christmas, but without all the broken glass and police reports.
6) I did not forget to update the website blog. But I also did not keep my promise to myself to think of something interesting and worthwhile to post. (Instead, I used that time on the bus to sleep.)
In other news, I’m off to Reno tomorrow for Worldcon.